- July 12, 2011 -
Inspired by some beautiful farmers market brocoli and cauliflower, I decided to come up with a fun recipe that might inspire Sophia to eat some veggies. As I have mentioned before, Sophia will not always eat plain veggies (I think many babies and kids are like this) so I keep trying to find ways to include veggies mixed with other food. Generally, this seems to work pretty well. She really liked these broccoli cauliflower coins, especially because she could feed them to herself.
Broccoli and Cauliflower are super veggies. They are high in vitamin C (which helps in iron absorption), contain folic acid, potassium, fiber and have large amounts of vitamin K and A.
Organic Broccoli Cauliflower Coins
- 3/4 Cup of Mixed Organic Broccoli and Organic Cauliflower (you can use just broccoli if you prefer)
- 1/3 Cup of Grated Organic Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 2 TBSP Organic Ground Flax (Optional)
- 1/4 Cup of Organic Breadcrumbs (I like to use Italian for more flavor)
- 1 TBSP of Organic Parsley
- 1/2 TSP Pepper
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- Cut Broccoli and Cauliflower stems off so only the florets remain
- Steam Broccoli and Cauliflower for approx 6 minutes or until tender
- Chop Broccoli and Cauliflower into very small pieces
- Chop parsley
- Lightly beat eggs and add cheddar cheese, parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper, and broccoli/cauliflower mixture.
- Add breadcrumbs a TBSP at a time until the mixture is moist but sticky (so you can form the coins and they do not fall apart.
- Grease a cookie sheet and form small coin shapes
- Bake at 350 for approximately 8 minutes per side (Or until golden brown).